I’m constantly getting asked if these are my real lashes (I wish!), strip lashes, or lash extensions so I wanted to do a video all about my eyelashes extensions and where I go! I started getting my eyelashes done a few months ago and have since become addicted. Especially as a new Mom, it can be hard to find the time to get up and look presentable everyday. With eyelash extensions all I need is five minutes to put on my base (aka foundation, concealer, bronzer, blush) to feel my best! Here are some frequently asked questions I get about them:
- What are your specific length, color, and curl? I get the “J” curl, color is darkest brown, and I get all different kinds of lengths to make them blend better. The inner corners are 12’s and they go all the way up to 15’s. I’ve heard of people getting their eyelashes done with just one size, but in my experience they look so much better and more realistic when combining different sizes!
- How you take care of them, deal with eye makeup, etc? I rarely wear eye makeup anymore. I probably only wear it once a week or for special events and if I do I only put black liquid liner on my outer lash line so as to avoid it coming in contact with my extensions. I use an oil free makeup remover to wipe away any makeup near my eyelashes and I never rub my eyes. My eyelash lady advises that I let the water run over my eyelashes in the shower and if needed gently wash them with baby shampoo.
- How do you get them to last as long as possible? To be honest, that all depends on where you get them done and if you have a true professional applying them. I’ve had friends that have had them applied in nail salons and half their eyelashes ended up falling out! My lash lady only applies individual lashes and not clusters to your eyelashes so they don’t weigh down your natural lashes and pull them out. I have let my extensions naturally all come out on their own before and my real lashes looked like they did before getting extensions! Also, not rubbing your eyes and applying minimal makeup around your lashes helps them last longer too.
- Do you ever feel stressed that they are falling out? At first yes! I always cringed a little when I would wake up and see a few on my pillowcase, but honestly my eyelash lady is SO GOOD at what she does that her lashes last for 4+ weeks (see picture below!) so I don’t mind seeing a few fall out overtime.
- Is it worth the price and up keep? 100% YES. At least for me it is. Since I film and photograph so much of my life, applying false lashes to make my eyes pop before each video or photoshoot felt too time consuming. I love how easy it is to get ready now! If I can treat myself to one thing that makes a huge difference it’s false lashes!
- With your eyelash extensions, can you use makeup remover to take off your eyeshadow? I’m afraid that if I get them, they will fall out like crazy when I wash my face. You definitely have to be careful when it comes to washing your face. I avoid the eye area with my cleanser and never rub my eyes. After a while you get used to not tugging at your eyes and you become more gentle with your skin, which I think turns out to be a bonus because you aren’t causing wrinkles!
- Do your eyelash extensions get in the way of your vision, like can you see them, or feel like they are bulky, similar to when you wear strip lashes? First off, they aren’t like strip lashes at all. I forget they are there until I look in a mirror for the first couple of weeks after a fill. It’s only right around the time I need a fill (for me that’s 4 weeks) that they start to grow out with my natural lashes and droop down a bit.
^^^ My eyelashes 3 weeks right before getting a fill. They are still so full!
The lady I go to is a lash GODDESS! She travels to Modesto and Manhattan Beach for her clients.
See her work on Instagram here!
Book an appointment online here.
***Mention my name and you’ll get 10% off!:)
My eyelash extension essentials:
Oil Free Makeup Remover: I love this one to take off eyeshadow and eyeliner. I feels like water on the skin!
Spoolie: For brushing out my lashes daily.
Baby Shampoo: For washing them once a week.
Top c/o | Necklace c/o (10% off code: SHS10)
+ view comments . . .