I’ve been making this pasta recipe ever since Doug and I moved in and its THE BEST!! I rarely post recipes on my blog unless they are 100% tried and true and this one is everything I could want in a pasta – super quick preparation, no crazy ingredients or seasonings, creamy texture, and melt in your mouth taste. Doug almost always clears the entire batch! It’s even better the next day…Ingredients Needed:
- 12 oz. bow tie pasta
- 5 stalks of asparagus (I didn’t have them on the day I shot this, but I love asparagus in this pasta!)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 1/2 chopped white onion
- 1 lb. medium Italian sausage, chopped
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 (28 oz) can Italian- style plum tomatoes (pre-chopped) – You must get the Italian style kind! I tried it with regular tomatoes in a can and it wasn’t as good.
- 1 1/3 cup heavy cream – YUM
- Boil pasta in a large pot – lightly salted. Cook till al dente and drain.
- Heat oil in large frying pan. Cook chopped asparagus.
- Cook sausage and red pepper flakes in a separate frying pan with oil, add in onion and cook until see through.
- Stir in tomatoes, heavy cream, asparagus, and salt. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve with parmesan cheese and eat the whole batch!!
^^^Dress^^^Table and chairs
+ view comments . . .