Bananas in our household seem to be the first thing that go bad and instead of tossing them in the trash (I hate wasting food!) I am constantly coming up with new recipes that are quick ways to use bananas so they don’t go to waste. My go-to’s usually involve banana bread, chocolate banana cookies, and banana crumb cake, but a lot of the time I don’t have the ingredients for those recipes so I end up resorting to this one since it’s so simple to make! These are seriously the easiest banana chocolate chip muffins in the world and they are perfect when you’re craving something sweet, but don’t want to fuss with gathering the ingredients for a more intricate dessert. A lot of the time muffins tend to be on the dryer side (especially when store bought), but the inside of these muffins are super moist. The combination of the gooey chocolate when you first take them out of the oven and fluffy cake like batter is pure Heaven!
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large ripe mashed bananas
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray oil on 12 muffin cups or place one liner inside each cup. Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Mix mashed bananas, egg, melted butter and milk in medium bowl. Stir banana mixture into dry ingredients just until blended . Stir in chocolate chips. *For an extra chocolatey muffin, place some additional chocolate chips on top of each muffin and will they melt down perfectly!
- Divide batter among prepared muffin cups, filling each about 3/4 full. Bake muffins until tops are pale golden or until a fork inserted into center comes out with some melted chocolate attached but no crumbs, about 32 minutes.
+ view comments . . .