Even before Doug and I moved in together I wanted a gallery wall, but as easy as it looks to put together, it actually takes some time, which is probably why I never got around to actually finishing one (see previous room tour here). From finding the right frames, to picking out the prints and actually printing them, to symmetrically hanging each piece on the wall, it can be time consuming. After a year of blogging, I’ve been trying to come up with ways to give back to my readers. So far I’ve done one giveaway and am planning on a few more in the upcoming months. Then Doug had this idea that we would design prints together (adding some more affordable versions of current trendy prints) and offer my readers free downloads to create their own wall prints! Each image is of the highest quality and I just put mine on a flash drive and took them to Staples to print, which was $1.50 per print rather than $35 when purchased online. I hope this makes it easier to create a gallery wall for yourself! Feel free to email me if you want the marble print with your cities name on it! Just a note, these printables are geared towards Doug and I’s personal preferences (i.e. the car picture he shot or the girly Prada print I liked).
How To: Gallery Wall
1. First, paper. Cut out the shapes of each frame.
2. Visualize. Rearrange the papers on the floor in front of your wall (if there’s enough space) to get a good idea of the layout that looks best.
3. Add tape. Place a strip of tape on the back of each paper and hang them on the wall. Make the necessary adjustments so they are all symmetrical.
4. Measure where the wire hangers on the paintings are and mark with a pen on the paper. Hammer through the paper.
5. Hang. Take down all the paper and hang up your pictures!