Doug and I just got home from taking these pictures in Venice Beach so while Annabelle’s taking her last nap of the day I wanted to share our outfits and also a few random things about me! First off, I know this isn’t the traditional fall outfit post because let’s be honest, it barely turns fall here in Los Angeles until November so today like usual, it was sunny and 75 degrees. We got lunch at Lemonade and strolled up and down Abbot Kinney looking at all the baby shops. It was such a perfect day! I also wanted to quickly mention this kimono from Pink Blush. I love the tassels at the bottom and how flowy it is. I first heard about the brand when I was pregnant because they have the cutest maternity wear, but they also have clothes perfect for non-pregnant Moms like myself! I’m also loving this dress for fall, this sweater, and these robes! Now onto the facts!
- I’m sure this is no surprise to any of my Vlog viewers (or maybe it is), but I’ve always dreamed of living outside of California. I can remember reading the Twilight books back in the beginning of high school and begging my parents to move to a rainy place like Washington or Oregon (Yes, I know I was LAME, but I had also just switched schools and knew no one so moving was already on my mind). I just crave seasons I think!
- Throughout my whole life, I never wanted babies young. Not that I’m young (I’m 25), but in Southern California having your first child at 24 years old is rare. I literally know no one in my entire sorority who’s had a baby this young! I probably would have waited until 28 or 29 even, but I’m sooo glad I didn’t!;) My Mom had me at 36 and had my sister at 26, so I guess I’m used to being around an older Mom!:)
- I initially wanted to be a fashion blogger because I LOVEEE clothes/bags/shoes. I also like taking risks with fashion. I wore some interesting outfits in high school lol. Once I realized I had a bunch of student loan debt to pay off after college, a car that barely worked, and Doug and I wanted a wedding/honeymoon, that all went out the window. You need money to shop the Nordstrom Anni sale lol!
- Youtube isn’t my end goal. I used to watch so many Youtubers strive to get 1000, 10,000, or even 1 million subscribers. While that is AMAZING and it’s something to be totally proud of, it’s not my #1 goal. When I hit 80k, I didn’t even know right away. I found out because one of you guys snapped me the number and I was like wow cool! But I’ve never been obsessed with the numbers. The biggest negative aspect of Youtube for me is in the numbers.
- I used to be extremely shy in high school. I would even freak out when I got called on for an answer in class! I don’t know why because my family is sooo outgoing..like they are the loudest people in the restaurant lol I changed so much when I went to college and joined a sorority.
- I’m obsessed with my baby. Like, I know most Moms are, but I’m realizing more and more that I’m not like a lot of Moms. I don’t even want to put her in her own crib! I think it might be due to my upbringing or something, but I seriously can’t be away from her for more than an hour…
- My #1 goal is financial freedom. It’s actually been a recent idea since becoming a Mom, but Doug and I’s mission for the next 1-2 years (hopefully) is to create a way that we can travel as a family around the world and work remotely. I know, it’s a crazy thought! But we would love to live in Japan/Europe for a few months at a time instead of Doug working the normal 9-5 job and I being a stay at home Mom.
That’s it for today! Thank you all so much for following along on our daily journey! xx