One of my oldest friends is about to graduate from cooking school and I thought while she’s in town I would take advantage and learn from her skills. We made a simple creamy dish that is easy to make and mouth watering. Perfect for dinner time, the scallops and shallots are the best combination for a seafood pasta dish.
Ingredients (2 servings):
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup peas
- 5 mushrooms, chopped
- 3/4 lb. small bay scallops
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp butter, melted and browned
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 lb. mini farfalle pasta
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese
1. Cook pasta thoroughly in boiling water.
2.While the pasta is cooking, melt the butter in a medium pot until just browned and then stir the flour in until well mixed, making a roux.
3. Add in heavy cream, peas, shallots, mushrooms, and season to taste.
4. Top pasta dish with creamy sauce and parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
+ view comments . . .